Statistics Surrounding Compulsive Exercise: Infographicadmin
Compulsive Exercise Infographic
Compulsive exercise is considered an unhealthy form of weight control. It is often prevalent in other eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia. People who participate in compulsive exercise will also typically have a negative body image. Given the health risks associated with this disease, it is important to find help early.
Many times, it can be hard to tell if someone has an exercise addiction or if they are just dedicated to fitness. The following signs and symptoms can help you determine if there is a problem:
- Engaging in exercise beyond the requirements for good health
- Exercising that significantly interferes with important activities
- Striving to achieve and master ever more difficult challenges despite injury or medical complications
- Intense anxiety, depression, irritability, feelings of guilt
- Exercising to manage emotions
- Exercising as permission to eat
If you believe that you or a loved one may be experiencing compulsive exercise, please reach out to our admissions team for help.